Friday, February 11, 2011

Sliding on the Ice

One of my favorite TV quotes is, "What's living if you don't pull down your shorts and slide on the ice once in a while?" I like that idea. Every once in a while we've got to do something crazy or adventurous. I think that it helps us keep our sanity. I know it does. I call these things my "Get Out of Provo Cards." They are my excuse to do something I've never done and have an adventure.
This year, my "sliding on the ice" includes running the Utah Valley Marathon in June, skydiving in July, running the Red Rock Relay (187 miles), and learning Romanian in preparation for an internship there next winter.
These are new things to me. Some would say that they are crazy. They don't know what it's like to go sliding on the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment