Friday, January 4, 2013

Let My Heart Hold Fast

Pretty much, this video sums up the feelings of my heart for the last several days/weeks. 
Side Note: The song was featured on the episode of How I Met Your Mother where Barney proposes to Robin. There is so much win to this song.




Oh, the desolation grows!

In a time when everything and nothing makes sense, what does it take to change everything we know? Everything we've come to love?

All my desperate calls echo off the walls, back and forth then back again.

Are prayers just wishes in disguise? Do the words fly up while the thoughts remain below? Cries for help so often go unanswered. They resound only in our ears, echoing off the walls of our heads, getting no further. 

Always searching, always blind.

Do you ever feel that way? Like you are always looking for something, but never sure what it is you are looking for or where to find it? You don't even know what it looks like, feels like, or how to know when you've found it? Welcome to my life.

Oh, my soul is now exposed.

Not entirely. That would be a rash thing to do on the Internet. Also, it's a fairly rash thing to do in everyday life, I feel like. Too bad indecent exposure doesn't also apply to exposing one's soul. I joke. A little...

To believe I walk alone is a lie that I've been told.

And yet, in the midst of all these things, there is the promise that we are never alone or unaided in the things we face. To believe otherwise is to believe a falsehood. To believe I walk alone is, indeed, a lie that I've been told and one I've told myself.

Let your heart hold fast for this soon shall pass.
There's another hill ahead...

1 comment:

  1. You were right, I do like the song. And your commentary was enlightening, great personal application. Let your heart hold fast for this too shall pass. There's another hill ahead... :)

    ReplyDelete